Appetizers & Snacks
Crispy Crab Cakes with Mango Salsa
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 55 min
- Yield: 24 appetizer size cakes
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 green onion, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over for cartilage
- Crisco® Pure Canola Oil, for frying
- 2 cups chopped pitted peeled mango
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- COMBINE 1/2 cup bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, green onion, Worcestershire sauce and seafood seasoning. Gently mix in the crabmeat; form into 24 cakes.
- REFRIGERATE 30 minutes to several hours before proceeding. Place the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish; coat the crab cakes in the crumbs.
- POUR oil into large deep skillet to depth of 1/2 inch; heat over medium-high heat to 365ºF. Carefully add crab cakes in batches; cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- TRANSFER to a paper towel-lined tray to drain. Serve hot with Mango Salsa on the side.
- COMBINE salsa ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- TIP Salsa can be made ahead. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Makes 2 3/4 cups.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 appetizer), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 115mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.